Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What's in your training bag?

I always see people (me included) lugging bags full of stuff to training class.  Some people even carry giant toolbox like bags around with them.  So it got me thinking, what does everyone have in those bags?  I am probably a bad example because I 1) loose bags all the time and leave stuff places, so my bags tended to be a bit of a mess and 2) Get  free stuff that is a little bit useful but I would never buy on my own if I didn't have a blog.  However I just got a new bag and packed it up for Nova (she is starting obedience class tomorrow!) and I wanted to share it's contents with the hopes that you guys would share too!  

This will be my third time sending a dog through basic obedience so I like to think I have a little bit of an idea of what I am doing.  My bag for agility or for Copley would be a little different but this is what I thought Nova will be needing.

For starters dog bigger than bag.  I think that is pretty normal, even for the border collie people.  Excuse the blurry picture, Nova is hard to photograph.  


Now here is the contents of the bag.  Nova has a lot of new stuff, mostly because I was so excited that she was finally starting class and I went a little overboard.  Kerri mostly went to class with free stuff out of referral barkboxes and hand me downs from Copley.  Funny how it worked out that I am blogging about the bag that is neat because I haven't used it yet and that I actually put time and money into putting together.  No one wants to see it once I am digging treats out of pockets and Copley has chewed a hole in the corner.  Er... I mean my training bag always looks JUST like this.  Well moving on, here are the contents of the bag...


  1. The bag.  A free bag Ben got with his gift membership to the Sierra club from my Mom.  They accidentally sent two so the dogs got one.
  2. A bowl.  Ya know, for water.
  3. Slip lead.
  4. Leash signs.  Probably wont need these for class, but I do use them walking.
  5. Folder with shot records and other paperwork.
  6. Yellow lanyard (that I made) and yellow ribbon on a leash clip- because Nova is a Yellow Dog!
  7. DAP calming pheromone spray.
  8. Moist towlettes.  I would just have baby wipes if I hadn't been sent these for free in a subscription box I reviewed.
  9. Clicker
  10. Treat pouch (I got a washable, silicone one and I am oh so happy about it)
  11. Extra collar, cause Nova wears a breakaway and harness.
  12. Treats.  Carnivore crunch (aka Dog Crack) and beef treats.
  13. Poop bags
  14. Licks calming goo stuff.
  15. An off brand thundershirt (she has a thundershirt too)
  16. A tube thing for the dispensing of liquid treats.  I will be filling it with baby food before we go in the morning.
Of course Nova will also wear some gear to class.  Her breakaway collar, buddy belt harness and a leash.  I got her a new leash to go with a collar she got for Christmas.  It says ""Judge me by my size, do you?" and has a picture of Yoda it.  I hope she channels a lot of Yoda energy at class.



 So what's in YOUR training bag???  Blog about it or just tell me in the comments!  I am actually really curious!


1 comment:

  1. My that is some comprehensive training bag. We don't do training but we carry round a few things when in the park. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete