Saturday, January 18, 2014

We Are Making Progress!

I meant to include it in the last post, but I wanted to give you an update on my recent post We Cracked the Nova Code!  Ben is now wearing a strongly scented antiperspirant and Polo "Sexy" cologne and it seems to be working.  Nova is for the first time in a year approaching him and cuddling between us on the couch.  I am actually trying to slow her down a little bit here because she is getting in over her head.  She will see Kerri go over and get pet, then run over to Ben as if to say "pet me."  The problem is that when he looks at her she will often growl and run away.  She is conflicted and does not know what to do, so I am trying to giver her options before she starts to get upset.  Like with all things Nova this is a learning moment for both of us and I am trying to balance her new found bravery with enough caution that she does not get in over her head.  Hopefully this will all lead to a better relationship between Ben and Nova.  He wants so bad to be a part of her life (down on their luck chihuahuas were his thing in the first place, not mine) but I was beginning to doubt they would ever move past peacefully ignoring each other.  Who would have thought the answer was behind a perfume counter at a department store?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds promising. With patience we are sure Nova will put all the anxiety behind her. Have a serene Sunday and get on some big easy today.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete