Monday, March 5, 2012

Fat Dogs

You know how I know most people's dogs are fat?  The general public can't even recognize a healthy dog anymore.  People constantly remark about how skinny my dogs are.  Just today someone told me how my dogs looked really skinny and unhealthy.  Even asked what I feed them.

As you can see Copley is totally skin and bones-
We never give him any treats-
And we work him so very hard-
If he could talk all he would say is "feed me, please feed me".  (actually that one is probably accurate)
As you can see the chihuahua is skin and bones too-
Seriously though, my dogs are a healthy weight.  Here is a copy of the chart my vet uses.  At our last visit Copley was a 5 and Kerrigan was a 4.  That's right, Copley, the dog I get the most comments about is not even borderline skinny!  He is on the HEAVY side of good.
Also why does everything my vet do revolve around products from what I consider to be one of the most evil companies on the planet?  I spent a lot of time cutting Nestle out of my life before I got a dog and now I am posting a chart made by them on my very own blog.  Sigh.
If only I ran the world, if only...

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I boycotted Nestle out of my life too! People tell me all the time how Nola is too skinny, but according to my vet she's a 5 and in top condition
    Dachshund Nola's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this ... And keep trying to get people to understand that fat pets aren't healthy pets. I have a Greyhound and do volunteer public info events for Greyhound rescue and adoption ... You wouldn't believe how many people ask what's wrong with perfectly healthy hounds just because they are naturally thin.

    ReplyDelete