Sunday, August 18, 2013

Kerri at her first agility trial!!

So this post is about three weeks late, but better late than never right?  Kerri competed in her first ever trial and she did amazing!  It was a CPE trial, and because it was indoors they did not do standard, only games.  I entered her in colors and jumpers.  Colors is basically two different colored courses and you pick one, jumpers is just jumps and tunnels.  I am amazed to report we got qualifying runs in both!  I was hoping that she would stay with me and we would get to the end of the course at least. so even though it was not perfect AT ALL I am incredibly happy with how things went!  In colors she did really good but I should have run faster myself, I think I really held her back.  In jumpers she went for a tunnel but luckily didn't actually go in it.  Watch the video below or click here to go to my youtube channel.



I hope this will be the first of many trials for us!  Kerri has so much fun, and she really is showing potential I think.  It is times like these when all those puppy months seem worth it.  Getting Kerri at 12 weeks was a lot of work but that time I spent with her as a puppy is obvious now that she is a well trained, talented adult dog!

Enjoy a few shots of Kerrigan posing with her metals.

After her first Q-

All her ribbons-



That's all for today folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment