Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Agility Class!!

Kerrigan has completed her intro agility class!!!!!  Finally at the last class I had Ben there to take some pictures and video to share with you all.  Kerri is doing so good at agility I really could not be happier.  In her height class I really think she is going to do well.  She has a long way to go still but you will see she is off to a good start.  Most importantly she LOVES it.

Here is a video of her run at class.  This was the first time she ever sequenced more than 3 obstacles at once and the first time she sequenced the chute at all.  As you can see she still needs a little work on some things (and my spouse needs some work on his camera skills) but overall I am so proud!  I couldn't have asked for anything better for her first time running a course.

I particularly love the point at 1:20 where she jumps in the air with glee before the dog walk.  I also love the end of the video because everyone is just so amazed by how into it she is.  I hope moving forward she can bring a little bit of respect to the Chihuahua breed with her mad agility skillz.

For those hardcore blog readers out there here is some video of her second run!


Next up is intermediate agility for us!!  We can't wait! 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You can tell how much she loves it :) I'm thinking of getting Nola into modified agility later this year
    Nola's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a dachshund who does a non-competition agility with low jumps and really shallow angles on the contacts. He loves it! I am sure Nola would too! Lots of people don't realize you can find modified agility classes for dogs of all shapes/sizes and abilities.

    ReplyDelete